Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mondays..

Monday 13th started with a deep stack tournament at the Caesar Palace, a field of 500+ (531?). The one that should not be named in the blog get busted right after the first break and went play some slot machines.
JB made a late entry but a too-soon departure as well and after struggling with my 'almost average stack' I had to start playing aggressively with no cards.. or let's say.. a range of cards between douce and eights with some jack-fours time to time... 


I hit a draw on the flop with 7-8 off on a 4 way hand and soon after I double up my stake with good hands to reach 40k when the average stack was about 21k. Then my 8-4, 7-3, 4-9 off came again for another 2 hours and I started feeling the pressure of the blinds + antes.
So what it should happens, happened.. my stack was 20 bb and I pushed with my first 'not too bad hand' K-Q suited.
I get busted afer 6 hour of poker fighting with no cards.. I was quite disappointed because I think that, given the situation, I was playing pretty good..

Then lead to the pool, a cigar, a quick shower and direction downtown to visit the Binion's and Golden Nugget. After the dinner we decided to give a chance at the Golden for some cash 1-2.

The one that should not be named decided to go pay a visit to de slot machines...very soon... again... 
JB & Myself were seated at two different tables, I found myself in a table of locals, and was for me a tough start with bets that had no-sense (bet 55u$ on a 24u$ pot) So I had to narrow my range of hands, and while watching baseball I was waiting for the good hands at the right spot. 


I left the Golden after a few hours with a +370u$. I left at the moment that the table became crazy.... 
100u$ bet post flop was pretty current (remember it was supposed to be a 1-2 table) people were pushing with absolute rags and whishing to hit something, like the old guy at my right that made quads 7 against a full of tens.
What this guy had prior to push for 250u$ ? Q-7, yes he made quads on the river with only one 7 in his hand... and he was also claiming for the full vs quads jackpot by the way...

That was for me the inner voice saying, dude: it’s time to go. We took the one that should not be named in the blog from another slot machine on which again he cashed out big money and we grab a taxi for the hotel.. to find Jack Sparrow (seriously) playing poker on seat 10 on the lobby of our hotel.. 
Mondays are quite estrange days in Vegas..

No comments:

Post a Comment